Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Turnip Greens


Tonight we had roasted turnips and turnip greens. I got the "recipe" from the Fair Shares newsletter from last week. It was really easy to make and a fun way to eat turnips. I left the leaves and stems on the turnips, washed and dried them thoroughly. Spread them on a baking sheet. Drizzled on olive oil and sprinkled on sea salt. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

The newsletter suggested serving with a fruit relish but I opted to serve as it. I found my family was dipping the turnips in the sauce from a Thai sweet potato salad that I also made tonight. I'll post about it tomorrow.

I liked the toasted turnip greens. And the turnips were fine. My older daughter thought they tasted like carrots. I didn't think they had much flavor, which was fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment