Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Italian Pak Choi



We recieved some greens in our share last week from Fair Shares, which I think they were pak choi. I did some searching to look for ways to cook it, keeping in mind I would be serving it with a garlic trout, found a couple of Italian bok choy recipes and used them as a guide.

Since joining Fair Shares I've found I enjoy some greens, but this has got to be my favorite so far. In the last minutes you throw in some fresh basil and thyme which gives it a super fresh feel.

I served it with a garlic trout, as well as the turnips and sweet potato salad I wrote about earlier this week. Here is a picture of the whole meal, including the last tomatoes from my garden and some bread.

Italian Pak Choi

One bunch pak choi -- remove leaves from stems and clean. Chop the stems into 1/4" pieces. Slice the leaves into 1/2' strips.

Sauté 2 cloves of garlic and half an onion in olive oil. When it the onions have started to caramelize add the chopped stems, sauté until soft. Add the leaves and sauté until just wilted. Throw in the about 10 fresh basil leaves and approximately 4 tablespoons of fresh thyme (removed from the stems). Remove from heat. Sprinkle on some ground black pepper and a little sea salt to taste.

This is one green I went back to have seconds on. (My daughter's didn't care for it, though.)


No comments:

Post a Comment